New Uniforms

So the Minnesota Vikings unveiled their new uniforms yesterday.
Huh.Okay.

My initial reaction was “When did Antoine Winfield sign with the Chargers?” Following that, I shrugged my shoulders and went back to my woodburning art. My ears again perked up when I heared the designers mention that the horns on the helmet, “now appear to be three-dimensional.”

Really? They do?

Does this person understand what three-dimensional actually means?

Now, if they had included actual, three-dimensional horns coming out of the helmet, then this would have been the greatest, most strategic uniform ever. I would have loved to have spent my Sunday afternoons eating pizza and watching opposing running backs being gored to death by Kevin Williams before having their intestines being piled up on the 50-yard line, along with the innards of the opposing coach who had been similarly gored during the pre-game ceremonies. The Viking horn would blow and the crowd would go insane; their shouts of aggression gurgling with Packer blood!

I’ll go ahead and blame Denny Green for this.

This entry was posted in Meh. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to New Uniforms

the horns look like they always have.

but the vikings are my 2nd favorite nfl team now. they sell the game worn santa hats of the cheerleaders! wow!

I too was hoping for actual horns to be protruding from the helmets. Football has become such a pretty-boy sport nowadays. Better yet, forget the uniforms. Just fire the Vikings and replace them with imported Pamplona bulls. No uniform hassle,
    real horns, more determination to obliterate the opposition…dare to dream.

sarah, would this mean the ‘new vikings’ would have to play the chiefs in their home uniforms every sunday? not sure how the NFL would like that.

That’s what spray paint is for.

Peter, you should go to your local bookstore, head to the fantasy section, and pick up Blood Bowl.

6. Rob S says:

These new Viking Jerseys are absolutely disgusting!!! What a nightmare!! There is NOTHING Traditional about these Arena League Jerseys. Oh well what can you say about a team that will be wearing these silly things and playing indoors at the Metrodome.(that’s REAL NFL Football)NOT… Maybe they can start a new league with other sorry uniform outcasts like the Broncos,Falcons and Cardinals. I hope they suck all year! They might as well move to L.A. soon….
    The old Vikings are GONE!!!