I Love ‘Maxwell’s Silver Hammer’

Have you heard anything about these guys, the Beatles? Apparently they’re a rock band of some repute. The blogosphere is atwitter with the latest buzz about them.

Is this the Beatles?

They’re supposed to be really good. They have two lead singers – Paul McCartney and John Lemon, and their drummer is named Bingo Start. What a unique name – I’ll bet with a name like that he must be the most frenzied, proficient drummer ever!

I’ve been told that they recently appeared on something called “The Ed Sullivan Show” and played their hit song, “I Wish to Hold Hands With You.” I guess their sound is a blatant ripoff of the Monkees and Oasis, but that’s okay with me.

I looked all over online and couldn’t find any recordings of their songs, “Greetings Judith”, “Mellow Submarine”, or “Strawberry Fields For Now”. What’s the deal? Are these guys so underground that there’s no information available about them online? It feels cool to finally be so far ahead of the curve!

My friend told me that John Lemon married some Japanese witch who totally corrupted the vibe of the group and who medicated him into a heroin-glazed stupor. That’s awesome! I’ll bet those two have some really down-to-earth, practical ideas on how to make the world a better place.

Hooray!

This entry was posted in Meh. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to I Love ‘Maxwell’s Silver Hammer’

Funny how they all look like Jesus. Maybe that’s how they’re making the world a better place.

Didn’t they also make “What if God Was One of Us?” famous? I feel so behind the times.

Looking at that picture, the line, “Just a slob like one of us” makes a lot more sense.

I prefer the Archies.

4. No, Sarah, it’s the other way around. Jesus looks like all of the Beatles.

5. Chris says:

I just realized I posted that as Peter in 12th grade. I guess that’s something you might have said then.

I suppose that’s about right, given my priorities at the time.

7. A Soccer Mom says:

Um, I think the beatles have been around for a while. I think you’re just joshin’ us. Are you joshin’ us.

they totally ripped off the chili peppers with that picture! the bastards!

and another thing….they made a movie in black and white called ‘a difficult afternoon’s evening’, and it sucked.