Franklin’s Seduction

On Friday, while I was stuck at home dealing with a busted garage door opener, I wandered into the sunroom of our house to find our cat, Ben Franklin, positioned thusly:
franklin-seduction-2-2.JPG

Look at that. His very pose and demeanor violated me.

In that horrible instant, I felt like Dustin Hoffman in The Graduate, trapped in a bedroom with an unwelcomed seducer. I still do not know what my cat’s intentions were on that ill-fated afternoon, but I shudder to think of the possibilities.

franklin-seduction-1-2.JPG

How can things ever be the same between us after this? How can I look my cat in the eye? I may not have been molested, but what happened was at least in the same ballpark.

If you need me, I’ll be in the basement, huddled in the crawlspace under the stairwell.

This entry was posted in Ramblings. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Franklin’s Seduction

i always thought ben franklin was taller.

2. tomhipps says:

i can’t muster a comment. too bad, because a perverted cat is a wonderful blog topic. i don’t like mondays. actually, i would love mondays if work wasn’t involved. why can’t americans do like many europeans and work 4 days, then have 3 off. much better balance. oops, now i’ve changed the subject again. sorry peter. i don’t like mondays.

Actually, the real Ben Franklin WAS something of a perv, but that’s a different story.

At least he didn’t lay out, spread eagle for casual passersby like my cat though.

4. tomhipps says:

back when i was on the road with the band, we had a lighting technician that would sometimes put on this long green army trenchcoat and tennis shoes and NOTHING else. if we were having a party in our hotel rooms (which was pretty much always) he would run from room to room, guest to guest, and flash them and yell, “i got doinkage!” that was back in the days when you could have that type of fun without lawsuits.

5. tomhipps says:

i have a funny picture in my mind based on the movie poster for The Graduate… peter standing by the bedroom door, looking all nervous like Dustin Hoffman in the movie, but instead of the lady’s leg in the foreground it would be Ben Franklins leg and paw.

6. Chad says:

For some reason this line His very pose and demeanor violated me. just cracked me up.

Thanks Peter for the chuckle..

7. there are worse cats out there, even more intrusively exhibitionist and soul-less, like my girlfriend’s cat –
    it’s all in the eyes . . .just thought you should know.