PC Police, At It Again

This Friday is my school’s field day, where we cancel classes for the afternoon and go outside to have fun with our students as a school. It’s normally a good opportunity for goofy bonding and it’s always a pleasure to force unathletic children to participate in rigorous team sports.

At a recent staff meeting, the organizers asked if we had any activity suggestions. I offered to organize a game of smear the queer.

Apparently that game is frowned upon in educational circles these days…

I then tried to avoid embarassment by suggesting we play another favorite game of mine, “Ethnic Hatred”. That wasn’t so popular either, not even the tackle version.

Anyway, long story short, I don’t work there anymore.

This entry was posted in Rants. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to PC Police, At It Again

Man! When did “Ethnic Hatred” go out of fashion?! I suppose “Kick the Girl” is no longer considered an acceptable game? What’s up with this annoying tolerance kick?!

Yeah. That went out with, “Bring your gun to school” day years ago. Damn Democrats.

3. tomhipps says:

i suppose my favorite game is no longer acceptable either:
    “girls germs, no returns!!”

I think this is why Red Indian Rover was shortened to “Red Rover”.

Gone are the good ol’ special school days like “Skin your Head” day, “slap yo Grandma” day, and wheelchair/walker races at “visiting the old folks home” day.

you know what’d be a great game of chance? Russian Roulette. not only can you teach kids how to wager and/or risk their lives, but you could also teach them about the Russian culture.

Spoken like a true geography teacher, Scott!

7. Gordy says:

I played a little game called kick the turd down the hallway in Grade school. Tom Hipps was there to witness it. Not really a favorite with the Health department.

I can’t believe you called Tom Hipps a turd Gordy, well actually yes I can. :)

9. former stalker-girl says:

being entertained by such things must’ve come from smoking all those corn flakes rolled in notebook paper and tape! huh Gordy?! :)

and Tom…no returns?? who says that? it’s no backs..I suppose you were trying to rhyme there..

10. former stalker-girl says:

also Tom, if that’s your favorite game, I have to say I’m a little worried for you tonight cuz you won’t have anyone to play that with!
    sorry……I tried!

11. tomhipps says:

the part gordy left out was that it was his own turd. it rolled out from his pant leg and he did indeed kick it down the hall and it hit a little girl in the ankle. (closed circuit to deb and sarah: there’s a word to hate too: “turd”. that’s worse than “moist”. but not as bad as “moist turd” i suppose…)
    p.s. i’ve never heard “no backs”… we said “no returns”. i think you confused it with “no blacks”… that’s part of peter’s Ethnic Hatred game.

12. former stalker-girl says:

yes, that is another gross word! I agree and put them both together and… *shudder* that’s just bad!….

“returns” just sounds too formal.

ok, did you say duck, duck, gray duck or duck, duck, goose??

We said “No Jews”. Guess each school has it’s own cultic sayings.

Another game I miss- “Burn the Witch”. Now school bonfires are against the fire code or something.

Sarah, where and when did you go to high school? Berlin in the late 30s?

15. former stalker-girl says:

forgot to say….GORDY!!!! how does that even happen??! wait, nevermind, I don’t want to know!

poor little girl

16. tomhipps says:

he hated going pottie in the school bathrooms to the point where he would rather poop his pants than go in there. years later, he was not so selective… he once pooped in the cat’s litter box, and another time in someone’s yard in lacrosse, WI.

Adam,

Pretty much.

18. Ted says:

I grew up much later than you did. We had “Sue the Teacher” day. I wonder if they still have Cross Burning day in the Southern States? We did have a Tractor Day at the school I went to where everyone drove the tractor from the farm they worked at to school for the day. that and others would drive lawn tractors. One guy peddled a kiddy toy tractor to school from 3 miles out but he got a ride home.