Thursdays with Professor Tickles

Thursdays are delightful times for friendship and cloud-time cuddles!

Let’s race each other beyond the rainbow and make our dreams come true! The only thing stopping us is the limits of our imagination! Can you see the sunbursts and peppermint skies?

Welcome back children, I’m Professor Tickles!
Bringer of laughter.

Did you know that the laughter of children fuels my soul’s insatiable curiosity? Of course it does! Come here, you with the red hair and eyeglasses! What’s your name? Billy? Yes, I like you the most. It’s time to sit on my knee.

I’d like all of you to gather round and listen to a fantastical tale of magic and whimsy. Yes, that’s right Billy, sit right here snug on my knee. Did you take a bath this morning? You smell like fresh tulips! Just sit still so I can get my nose into your nice red hair and sniff…

Yeah, that’s the stuff.

What’s that, Billy? Don’t be silly, of course I’m not grabbing you too hard! No, those red marks aren’t from my fingers, those are magic spots! They mean that somebody loves you! The more they love you, the longer the spots will last.

Well that’s all the time we have for today, children. I have to help Billy with his homework now, so the rest of you should go back to your homes. Be sure to come back next Thursday for another adventure with Professor Tickles!

This entry was posted in Best of the JLP, Ramblings. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Thursdays with Professor Tickles

I thought Ted shot and killed Prof. Tickles.

2. Professor Tickles know what’s best for me!

3. ted says:

Thom, Can anyone really kill Professor Tickles?

I don’t like Professor Tickles.

5. ted says:

Why not Sarah? I cannot think of a reason for anyone to dislike the beloved Professor Tickles.

6. tim hopps says:

if that poor old guy in the picture only knew…

Ted,
    Professor Tickles just rubs me the wrong way.

8. Silly, that’s the rub of eternal sunshine and happiness. Professor Tickles rubs me like that, too!

9. we who know you peter, are aware that you simply have a twisted sense of humor and are really as harmless as a peppermint sky or a cuddly puppy, but if your students’ parents saw a blog like this, wouldn’t you quickly be the top story on the evening news?

10. ted says:

Concerned Friend,
    You cannot buy that kind of publicity. And besides he teaches at a charter school, where parents have no idea what is happening in their childes lives.

Sarah… I think he has a similar effect on most people….

Tom, we crossed that bridge a long time ago around here…

12. tim hopps says:

1. you blew my confidentiality by using my name.
    2. you don’t have to chew me out in front of everyone.
    3. don’t change. the risk of you being jailed is well worth the laughs we receive from your twisted, delightfully dangerous postings.

13. Judgy McJudgerson says:

Remember that one time when Jesus joked about child molestation? Oh yeah, me neither.

14. kevin s. says:

I remember having this conversation with our Dean of Students when I was in high school

Dean of Students: So, you’re friends with Christine, right?

Me: Yeah.

Dean of Students: I mean, how into this Josh guy is she?

Me: I dunno. He’s actually pretty smart.

Dean of Students: He’s kind of a loser.

Me: In a way… I can’t disagree.

Dean of Students: Do you think they are having sex?

Me: I haven’t asked, but you can probably do the math yourself.

Dean of Students; It’s just weird. Should I tell her mom (mom being the superintendent)?

Me: I’m sure she knows.

Dean of Students: Really?

Me: Yeah, is that really such a surprise?

Dean of Students: No.

All things begin equal, I think Peter’s little blog won’t cause much trouble. Teachers are allowed to be people. He’d be in much more trouble if any of his colleagues came to our church, I’ll tell you that.

You’re probably right about that, Kevin.