The Dealbreaker List

Relax, my friends, in the inviting softness of a new Rock TV – The Dealbreaker List.

We’ve had a lot of fun in the past riffing on themes of Christian dating, and this time we wanted to look at things from a decidedly female perspective, and from the hindsight of marriage (as a number of the writing team members are married these days). It’s great to be at a place in the ministry where we have enough women actors to even do a video like this.

A few thoughts:

-The bit with Jim driving the truck made us laugh harder than anything during editing. This is the kind of thing that is constantly pitched at writing meetings and rarely makes its way to the screen (normally for good reason).

-Yes, Leroy really did stick his tongue in the fan. We actually destroyed the first fan we tried to use by trying to stop the blades with a pencil (that footage will probably end up in an outtakes video down the road). After that, Leroy volunteered to just use his tongue.

-My favorite moment in the video is Jordan’s line delivery when he says, “Hey, I’m Johnny Bowflex.” There’s just something unsettlingly intimate about it that makes me laugh.

-The sweetness of the ending was something we really came to appreciate about the video in the editing stage – it’s something different for us. I think that Rachel’s great reaction shots to Kevin have a lot to do with the tone that comes across.

Enjoy!

This entry was posted in Rock TV. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to The Dealbreaker List

Another interesting tidbit is that just using his tongue…we had three more broken fans.

2. I laughed a good dozen times. That was fantastic.

3. kg says:

Favorite part was the knitting. Yep, you nailed it. We eat chocolate and knit.

another amazing video. i laughed and i cried.

btw, jim driving the truck was one of the most incredibly funny things i’ve ever seen rock tv do. it was most excellent.

The most memorable part for me was the guys discussing their dealbreaker lists.

I like that part as well, Sarah, particularly the look Kevin gives.

7. kevin s. says:

My favorite gags are the subtle “outro” lines. Rachel exclaiming “ooh, buttons!” and Leroy’s “What, no gun? What kind of gun?”

all of which were improvised, I should add.

9. kevin s. says:

I noticed you edited out all of my improvs, Peter.

Wow. Peter was certain you wouldn’t notice. Adam and Ted argued otherwise…

11. Peter says:

ADAM: Kevin is a comedic genius! His improvs must be included!

TED: I concur. Kevin’s comedy makes Bill Cosby look like an incontinent walrus.

PETER: No! I will remove Kevin’s improvised lines! I am jealous of his natural talents and abilities and wish to see him suffer!

Exactly as it happened focus. Except Peter left out the part where he beat Adam and Ted with a wooden board so they could no longer oppose his tyrannical goals to eliminate Kevin’s improvisations. That was a bloody mess. Now we have to clean up the new office… again.