Keith Marler’s Return

My close friend and Rock TV mascot Todd Luker spent Friday morning at the Minnesota State Fair, presumably sampling the available foodstuffs and viewing the disgustingly obese animals lying in repose in various barns found on the premises. As luck would have it, he happened to pass the FOX 9 booth just as our old friend and meteorologist Keith Marler was sitting to greet passersby. Todd was nice enough to drop in and visit with him on my behalf.

Apparently Keith brightened up immediately when told that Todd acting as ambassador for the John Larroquette Project. Grabbing a promotional photo, he started muttering excitedly about how he hadn’t visited the site in a few months while vehemently scratching his pen across the faces of his co-workers. See for yourself…

Fine work, Keith Marler. Your gracious spirit and secret weirdness are a blessing to our otherwise oppressively chirpy morning airwaves. I’m glad you ruthlessly censured M.A. Roscoe with your Sharpie the way you did. Somebody seriously needed to shut her up. Tom Butler doesn’t seem so bad, but I figure he was just caught in the crossfire.

Maybe this is off-topic, but what do you suppose it would be like to be roommates with Keith Marler? Does he seem like the kind of guy who would leave a sink full of dirty dishes for a couple days? Does he snore? Worse, does he have sleep apnea? Does he have a CPAP machine for his sleep apnea? Can he afford one?

What say all of us pitch in for Keith Marler’s CPAP machine? The guy needs his sleep, and it’s the least we could do, given all that he’s done for the community here at the John Larroquette Project.

This entry was posted in Best of the JLP, Meh. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Keith Marler’s Return

1. ted says:

I have 23.75 in change that I am willing to throw into the “Sleep for Marler” pot.

2. Guy Incognito says:

Two questions:
    1. Why did he sign it “Kim L.”?
    2. Why did you misspell M.A. Rosko’s name when you could have easily copied it from the promo card.

Unbelievable.

i love how you use your blog for community activism to ‘give back’. i don’t have any money for the SFM fund, but i can send good vibes to Keith as he predicts it will be sunny at 70 in the Twin Cities today.

i’m confused why he drew an apple of some kind around his face.

4. tim hopps says:

because he’s the apple of our eye, silly!

I’m not falling for this sham. Keith Marler always leaves the toilet paper roll empty. No CPAP for Marler until he can change the freakin’ TP!

6. M.A. Rosko is very nice, not at all aggressive, and actually quite self-effacing in person. Best person ever.

7. Todd says:

Well to be honest I just smiled, and nodded as he went on and on about how could kick Tom Butlers ass, and how the John Larroquette project had really jump started his career. I didn’t have the heart to tell him that I had really stopped by to see if Julie Jay was there. I had some pressing traffic questions I needed to run by her.

I think you may be right about the CPAP though. At one point during his diatribe, I’m pretty sure I did hear him say he has not been able to sleep lately. Something about M.A. stealng his lunch Money.

Keith’s bio on the Fox 9 website appears like it was written trying to emulate the JLP. no wonder he and Peter have formed such a bond. also, he has no picture, that’s odd.

He’s afraid online pictures steal his soul.

You have to have a soul, first!

11. Jamie` says:

teh best part of this (which peter did not include) is when todd gave peter the card he laughed like a little school girl and skipped off to show his wife.

12. Anthony says:

Keith MArler is one of the most annoying “news anchors” I have ever seen in my entire life. Stop trying to crack jokes and just read the frickin’ weather already!!!!