My Heir

We’re having a boy!

Me, part 2

Bridgette and I had our ultrasound yesterday, and it was most pleasing. The lady-technician pointed at a blurry gray blob on her monitor and told us it was a penis. Straining our eyes, we nodded vaguely and smiled at the news. I suppose she would know – she’s the expert. For all I could tell, we were watching grainy home video of a Siberian nightscape.

On the way out of the door, I decided to try and take advantage of my wife’s beaming good spirits. Unfortunately, Bridgette immediately rejected my Neverending Story triumvirate of boy names: Bastian, Atreyu, and Falcor. This dampened my enthusiasm significantly.

I’ll leave you with this – one scientist’s bold prediction as to my son’s eventual appearance:

My baby

That’s science!

This entry was posted in Meh. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to My Heir

1. Whale Man says:

I remember once upon a time you posting about other parents blogging about their children and the social farse of family blogs. I see now the future of JLP is destined to multitudes of poop postings about said Appolo’s arrival. Appolo was the name you chose right?

2. tim hopps says:

You missed the boat on this post… you should have added a penis to the illustration and said that it was the ultrsound photo.

Anyway, my sincere congratulations.

There’s nothing wrong with Bastian Atreyu Welle!!!

What about Elklor?

4. Guy Incognito says:

So, your son will eventually be missing a hand, most of a leg, and his penis? Sad.

Guy,
    that’s why he’s grimacing.

6. Guy Incognito says:

Actually, maybe it’s there, but just shrunken to invisibility by the obvious steroid use.

No, Peter and Bridget’s son is destined to grow up to be the leader of a tribe in a post apocalyptic future brought about by a dispute between Dick Cheney and Nancy Pelosi. He lost his missing appendages in a battle with Bono (who will be driven mad and start wearing a mask and leather chaps. The future holds great things.