Thoughtfully Comparing World War I & World War II

Which is your favorite World War?

Most days, World War II is my favorite. It featured flamethrowers and Mussolini, which are both tremendous. Hitler gets most of the attention these days, which probably makes Mussolini mad. I bet they argue about it in hell.

At the same time, it’s hard not to love mustard gas attacks and the spiked German helmets from the early days of World War I. I’ve also always enjoyed the utter pointlessness of that entire endeavor and how it ended with Woodrow Wilson scolding everybody for several years. I bet he’s scolding Mussolini in hell right now.

Well, that’s my two bits about the horrors of the 20th century and hell’s citizenry. Hope it helped to clarify your thoughts and bring meaning to your day!

This entry was posted in Ramblings. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Thoughtfully Comparing World War I & World War II

1. John says:

As the only human who still reads this unfortunate site, I will vote for wwII. Why? Because it spawned better video games. The last time anyone tried to make a wwI game it wound up being 20 levels of hiding in a trench hoping the random number generator didn’t kill you with an artillery shell. The development team was able to save a fair amount of money by just reusing the same map for every level, and just moving your starting point forwards or back a few feet.

John’s the only human, huh? Now I’m questioning my very existence..

I like WWI because of the fashionable red and blue coats. Also we got to fight against those stuck-up southerners. And, who could forget Robert E. Lee riding those elephants across the Appalachians?

3. Peter says:

Don’t forget the climax of WWI, when Abraham Lincoln stabbed Megatron to death atop San Juan Hill.

History is amazing, and all true!

4. brother says:

my biggest regret with WWI is that our millions of dollars of research into trenches didn’t result in some new kind of wonder-trench to solve all of my problems like it was supposed to. it seemed like such an innovative solution at the time!

5. Tim Hopps says:

I’m partial to the Vietnam war. The soldiers got to smoke pot and listen to cool music. And Marlon Brando was in charge.

6. John says:

Well Tim, that just wasn’t an option here. I mean, sure, we can all take Peter’s lovingly crafted words and turn them into something hate-filled and ugly, but why would we want to do that?

7. Jim says:

Have you not learned anything from the history channel? WWII is practically the only war worth noting.